Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Thankful Thursdays: Career

I've decided to start a regular feature on the blog called Thankful Thursdays. I keep reading over and over again about how the best way to feel happy and fulfilled in your life is to be thankful for the things you have so that's what we're doing. Every week will have a theme and today's is career.

This is a tricky one for me because I can easily let the voice in my head say, "What career? You're not published! What can you be thankful for?"

But being thankful is not about wanting, it's about appreciating, and sometimes you need to ignore that initial voice and dig deeper.

This is what I found I have to be thankful for in my career as a writer:

1) I am thankful for the courage to query that I've recently found. Yay, courage! Why were you hiding?

2) I am thankful for starting this blog and having the inspiration to share my thoughts with others!

3) I am thankful for all the new techniques I'm learning on how to edit a novel! And for sticking with it!

4) I am thankful to myself for staying true to my purpose, and continuing to write no matter what.

5) I am thankful for all of the wonderful agents, editors, librarians, illustrators and all people connected to writing, publishing, and helping books to reach readers and enrich people's lives.

6) I am thankful for libraries! (I think this one is self-explanatory.) And for the wonderful librarian who was at my school from Gr.6-8. She took the time to invite writers to our school and to take us on field trips to meet writers, and she generally took me and my best friend under her wing. Thank you. You changed my life.


Well, it appears that I found some stuff after all : )

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! It's so easy to get caught up in the negative aspects of writing and publishing, so it's refreshing to read a writer's blog associated with the positive parts. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!